CABAL PH Girl Gamers Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cabal Girl Gamers' Code of Conduct

+3
LadyPinkfLaMe
Amanda
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Cabal Girl Gamers' Code of Conduct Empty Cabal Girl Gamers' Code of Conduct

Post by Admin Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:50 am

What's on your mind?
We all know the so-called "Responsibility". So you are still walled by the reality in which there is a rule or guide in life.

Last night, I realized that our Club is not all about Online-Game related thingys. There's something that every Girl should know about the way of life.

"Girls Rule is founded on our belief in walking through life with confidence and courage.
Be happy. Have fun. Show you're happy about it.
Be great. Know it. Do great things.

Get all you can out of life AND put all you can back into an awesome incredible life.
What we do creates a world around us. Walk in grace, wisdom, joy and strength."
-

On the otherhand, Online games has been our leisure time, cyclops but STILL keep in your mind about being a "girl".
Many players online were pretending as a "girl gamer" -- for short, (she-male) flower
So that he can solicit in-game items throught that way - Which is a "REAL GIRL" should not DO.

Now that you are already in this Club, you will find out How should a REAL GIRL GAMER.

Kindly Read this: It's a FACT why Girls are very Rare in Online Games.
It's a very inspiring Column that I found in a Site.

Real Girls Don’t: The invisible minority of female video game players
By E. Cabell Hankinson Gathman

Link to: http://www.strangehorizons.com/2006/20061023/gathman-c.shtml for Expanded Reading
Sometimes girls are told that they can't or shouldn't play RPGs or video games. But more often, I think, they are told that they don't. The cultural message is sometimes wrapped in hand-wringing and good intentions, but the underlying assumption beneath "Why don't girls play video games?" is still "Girls don't play video games." Technology in general, but game technology in particular, is viewed as a masculine domain. Girls use computers to word process, send instant messages, make a MySpace profile—but they don't use them to slay dragons. They just don't. And it's a lot harder to see what's wrong with that argument than a straightforward claim that slaying dragons is not ladylike.

Obviously, some girls do. Me, for instance. This is not a new development. My family never had a console system, but we got our first PC when I was six years old, and I played a lot of the old Sierra adventure games, particularly King's Quest. I played text adventures like Zork, and I was playing text-based multi-user dungeons (MUDs) avidly by the 7th grade. In college, I spent my freshman year so addicted to the PC version of Gex: Enter the Gecko that my then-boyfriend complained at great length about neglect. These days, I play City of Heroes (CoH), a superhero-themed massively multiplayer online game (MMOG); my main character is a level 37 electric/electric blaster. (That means I like to zap things dead.)

I'm not trying to argue that my experience is the norm. I'm well aware that it's not, and video games are hardly the most noticeable culturally gender inappropriate aspect of my personality or childhood. It is the case that boys and men make up the majority of the market for console video games and MMOGs, although women make up the majority for "casual" games like Tetris and Solitaire and pretty much anything you can play on your phone. The question of why this gets pigeonholed and largely ignored as "casual" gaming when it's mostly women doing it is one that I'm going to set aside for the moment, although I think it's an important one; I just want to make it clear that I'm not denying that the majority of the market for certain kinds of video games, although I and other women also play them, is male players.

The video game companies would like to sell these games to women, too. The video game companies would like to sell more games, period. They're not picky. Some people, of course, think that no one should be playing video games, but there are plenty of people wondering frantically how to get women and girls in on them. The girls are really the important market: get girls to play video games and eventually you will have women playing them. Learning basic game skills early is important if you're going to play and enjoy them later; most games will assume a certain amount of familiarity with the platform even from players new to the particular game. Much as kids learn the basics of computers early and then have a knowledge base from which to figure out unknown applications later, learning to play one game means that you'll probably have a basic idea of how to figure out other games like it later. The basics of City of Heroes were quickly apparent to me at age 24 largely from having played Ancient Anguish, a MUD, at age 11. Without that kind of background experience, games can be mostly mysterious and frustrating, rather than fun; too steep a learning curve will turn off most new players.

So assuming that you want women and girls to play games, the latter are the really important group to reach. But as I noted above, even when they're not being told that they can't or shouldn't play games, girls are still being told that they don't. The girl who does play games, therefore, is just weird, and if there's one thing that most kids don't want to be (again, I am an exception here), it's weird.

It's interesting to me that most discussions of why women don't play games focus on the content: women don't play games because the games are sexist. They are generally sexist. On the other hand, if you want to see some incredible levels of sexism, you can read a romance novel, and no one seems to be having any problems selling those to women. In fact, the covers of romance novels seem to bear a pretty strong resemblance to the art from video game ads. Men are strong and hulking and frequently wielding weapons; women are scantily clad and positioned subserviently. Men have the obvious physical agency. Studies of video game ads have found that men significantly outnumber women; this is actually probably true of romance novel covers as well, which tend to feature either a couple or a lone, bare-chested man. It's worth noting here that the content of romance novels is not usually experienced by female readers as denying the agency of the female protagonist (cf. Radway 1984), although this is the usual argument made about video game ads: women see no possibility for female agency in them, plus all the girls are wearing chainmail bikinis, so they don't play them.

To cut this out,. bounce
Let me give you a brief codeee Laughing

• REAL GIRLS DO NOT BRAG at Online Games that THEY ARE A GIRL (e.g.: Hi! Lala here! Female.. or Hello po! Babae po me...) duh! This means: Sana wala naman yung sapilitan or lantaran para masabing babae ka tlga... Ang panget po kasi tingnan..
  • AVOID USING (FONT SIZE=16-24 COLOR=DARKPINK) to attract GUYS that you're a GIRL then suddenly, make flirty things. This typical girl (kung babae talaga) are so-called "Papansin".
  • GIRLS please BE FINESSE,...
  • Act MATURELY! Dont Act like a child dumping on the playground.
  • DO NOT ASK OR PLEASE OTHER PLAYERS TO GIVE YOU IN-GAME ITEMS. Let other players offer it to you first.
  • DON'T BE GREEDY!
  • DON'T MAKE YOURSELF FEEL LIKE A PRINCESS.
  • BE OPEN-MINDED.

(Take note: This codes are not yet finished... Any update will be made to do so,. ok!?)
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-07-18

https://cabalph-girl-gamers.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Cabal Girl Gamers' Code of Conduct Empty Re: Cabal Girl Gamers' Code of Conduct

Post by Amanda Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:43 am

Good find sis.

And yes, I always like to earn my own equips/items the hard way. If someone insists to give me items, then thank you very much for your kindness.

Happy gaming girls. Smile
Amanda
Amanda
Dual Regular
Dual Regular

Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPinkfLaMe Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:58 pm

I very much agree with what's stated above. Very Happy

I'm a Christian and I do believe that every girl possesses a unique beauty deep within. But beauty is not about physical characteristics or the approval of others. In the game, fellow gamers don't have any idea who we really are and how we really look like. By "bragging" that we are girls to get the attention of others or to acquire some of their cool items is like a big "turn-off". Don't sell your identity.

Beauty is about enjoying the unique design God has given us. Let the guys uncover the mystery of how beautiful "real girls" are!

Last edited by LadyPinkfLaMe on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
LadyPinkfLaMe
LadyPinkfLaMe
Master
Master

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.pinkflamescorner.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by psyche03 Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:17 am

i agree..

first of all..
sOo what kung may naglalaro ng OL games
na mga girls dba..
masyado cla naAamaze kaya tuloy ung
iba nagpapangap..
hehe.. just enjoy the game
at wag dapat papansin
lol!
psyche03
psyche03
Dual Regular
Dual Regular

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by emskiwubit Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:29 am

from my years of playing OL games there's one thing iv learned.... never force anyone to believe dat ur a GURL... we know 8 amongst ourselves na baba3 tayo so let's jst leave 8 like dat, if GUYS dnt believe na girl tau? den so BE IT... 8s not our loss... ahaha!

"And now when everything is made as simple and striking as possible,
there probably is no time to develop such a complicated characteristic
as "being ladylike" (in its former soulful meaning). ... the former
concept "lady" meant also beauty. Not the beauty of features or
clothes, but a graceful behavior coming from self-control. A lady is
not loud-voiced, her laughter is not shrill, she moves freely and
peacefully. Everything in her is beautiful even when she is homely. ...

emskiwubit
emskiwubit
Apprentice
Apprentice

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:32 am

korek. ^_^ cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-18

https://cabalph-girl-gamers.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPinkfLaMe Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:10 am

rnight wrote:Hello! Good day!

First of all im not a girl, i just love posting at forums.
and reading blogs and stuff.
This is my first time to check this site. Anyways, i hope i am welcome here. ^^

Peace! have a great day everyone!

This is an all-girls club forum. I dunno if you're really welcome hir unless you are allowed by the Admin.

@zaytie
can we consider him here?
LadyPinkfLaMe
LadyPinkfLaMe
Master
Master

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.pinkflamescorner.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by qazs022002 Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:42 am

Last night, I realized that our Club is not all about Online-Game related thingys. There's something that every Girl should know about the way of life.

qazs022002

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jiujie0 Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:30 pm

To avoid the network traffic due to download on the following days, we recommend for you to download the full client that we have released from the web links below. You only need to choose one and you're good to go. Welcome to community and enjoy playing Luna Online

jiujie0
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down