CABAL PH Girl Gamers Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost, the show, was absolutely genius

Go down

Lost, the show, was absolutely genius Empty Lost, the show, was absolutely genius

Post by jessica Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:15 pm

Lostthe show, was absolutely genius at making you care about stuff. That was one of the half dozen things that Lost was brilliant at getting us to invest in, along with intriguingly murky characters and starkly surreal storytelling. Probably the greatest weapon in Lost's arsenal was always its ability to make you care, desperately, feverishly about what happened to these people.And in the end, I just didn't care if that rock went in that hole or not. By extension, I had stopped caring whether the island sank. I had stopped caring about the fate of the Man In Black, long before he got kicked out of the episode prematurely. I didn't care about any of it.I'm carefully using the first person singular here, because maybe you did care about this stuff. I had cared about it, in some abstract sense, before, but this time around, I just stopped about an hour in. Maybe because it all became more and more abstract, until it just felt like I was watching people play a sport whose rules I wasn't familiar with. Yes, Lost's finale was a game of Baseketball.
Lost DVD 1-6
Family Guy DVD 1-8
Grey’s Anatomy DVD 1-6
The L Word DVD 1-6
Dexter DVD 1-4

jessica

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down