CABAL PH Girl Gamers Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I find a replacement LCD panel for a Gateway laptop?

Go down

Where can I find a replacement LCD panel for a Gateway laptop? Empty Where can I find a replacement LCD panel for a Gateway laptop?

Post by xiang2011 Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:31 am

A friend of mine brought me her laptop and said there's something wrong with the screen. It's a Gateway NV5209h, which cost her $449.99 (excluding taxes). Upon taking a look at it, I discovered the LCD screen is cracked. Nothing else is wrong with the laptop, and I confirmed this by connecting an external monitor to it. The hard drive is still in good working condition, the battery still holds a charge, the Gateway Laptop Keyboard is still good and the DVD drive still reads/writes. Abd the Gateway Laptop Battery is also OK.

Only the LCD was damaged in the drop, and I've been trying to find a replacement panel online but I'm unable to find one. I contacted Gateway and the warranty doesn't cover accidental damage (this laptop is only a few months old I believe). Otherwise, it would cost $199 not including shipping and handling to get the screen fixed.

I figure $199 is too much, considering it's almost half of what the laptop cost originally. Not to mention buying a whole new laptop would be a waste, and would be too much money. I've replaced many cracked LCD screens in the past.

This screen is illuminated by LED backlight and is a high definition display. Does anybody know where I can find a replacement online? If it costs more than sending the laptop into Gateway, I'll probably have to opt for sending it in. By the way, I would liek to buy a new Laptop Keyboard, any good suggestion?

xiang2011
Dual Novice
Dual Novice

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-03-15

Back to top Go down